We are here to help you.
Employability is a measure of how easily new graduates can gain employment and achieve success in the world of work.
Potential employers will look at all your achievements and experiences when considering you for employment, so make sure you develop your transferable skills and get some practical experience to make yourself more employable.
Our Faculty Employability Advisers will help you build and develop skills through workshops, careers fairs and employer events. they will guide you through finding and securing work experience, introduce you to new employers and help you secure a graduate job once you finish your degree. We run drop in sessions daily for any career related questions or you could come along to a CV surgery for help with work related applications.
If you haven’t decided which career path is the right one for you, don’t worry. Our Careers Advisers will help you consider your options through group sessions, by phone or in a one to one guidance sessions. To find out more or to contact a Faculty Employability Adviser or Careers Adviser please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What do we offer?
We offer our students:
- Career advice, help with making plans and exploring their options.
- Workshops and practical help with job searching, completing applications and designing their CV as well as preparation and practice for interviews and assessment centres.
- Access to a range of useful resources and practical help via our Employability and Careers Portal including a CV Builder and Interview Simulator
- Opportunity to take part in the Anglia Ruskin Employability Programme and gain an ILM accredited award which helps them to articulate the key employability skills.
- Mentoring opportunities
- Links to opportunities for permanent jobs, work experience, placements and internships.
- Drop-in sessions for general employability advice and CV surgeries.
- The Employment Bureau, our on-campus recruitment agency.
Email: email@example.com | Call: 01245 68 6700
The Employability Service is available on all our campuses and there are many ways you can connect with us.
Our contact details
Call: 01245 68 6700
Cambridge: Helmore Building, HEL341
Chelmsford: 2nd Floor, Tindal Building
Peterborough: Help Desk, Ground Floor Guild House
Our opening times
9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Thursday
9.00am – 4.30pm Friday
Drop in and see us
We offer a daily drop in on our Cambridge and Chelmsford campuses. No need to book, just turn up.
Cambridge: 12.00 noon – 2.00pm Monday to Friday HEL 341
Chelmsford: 12.00 noon – 2.00pm Monday to Friday 2nd Floor, Tindal
Peterborough: Please contact the Employability Service firstname.lastname@example.org